Student Visa

Dear Applicants,

If you intend to study in Canada on a student visa, you are required to obtain a study permit. 

You need these documents to apply for a study permit:

This is the first requirement. However, it does not guarantee a student visa. The officer in charge will consider your other documents, as well. 

Proof of acceptance

Your school must send you a letter of acceptance. Include the original or electronic copy of your letter with your study permit application. Please note that a minimum 6 months of studying is required to be eligible. In order to obtain a Letter of Acceptance from Can Quest, you must fulfill the following:

1) pay $250 Application Fee for overseas applicants (nonrefundable)

2) fill out our Application Form 

3) take our Assessment Test

4) pay $2000 deposit, which will count toward your tuition fee. This deposit is refundable less 10%  if your application is denied by the Canadian embassy, for which the denial letter from the embassy is required to be eligible for the refund. 

If you are interested, please send an email to

Conditional acceptance and prerequisite courses

If you’ve been conditionally accepted, you need to take prerequisite courses. For example, these might be English as a second language or French as a second language courses. You must complete these before you can start your main study program.

If this is the case, we’ll only issue your study permit for the length of those courses plus 1 year. Once you’re accepted into your main program, you’ll need to apply for a new student permit to extend your stay as a student.


If you’re the family member of someone who has a study permit or work permit application that’s been approved in writing before you come to Canada, you don’t need a letter of acceptance.